Strathmore bristol smooth paper 11 x 14 inches
Color-erase pencil, black
Gray scale by The Color Wheel Company
- I was lost with measurements concerned with proportions. I did comparison and triangulation. I’m not good with math. What do you think of the use of proportional dividers?
- I’m light handed and have always drawn in line more than tone. Until in two different drawing classes I was told line don’t exist and “my style was painting by numbers”. One other teacher put a big X on my drawing . I’m now learning to do mass/tone drawings
- The smaller figure drawing I had trouble with the left arm. May be I went too dark too fast. It looks like it has a short sleeve and the cuff is turned up. LOL
- So I did a larger figure but only a part of the figure concentrating on that arm. I think it’s okay?
- Did the gray scale, the last three values were not easy
- First time using the Color-erase. I like it, and does take patience to build up the layers
- Carrying a small sketchbook and practicing valves and lines on public transportation.
- Any advice on my line and values, and how to get the the right proportion is appreciated