Hi Matt. I’m really unhappy with how this drawing turned out. I don’t plan on finishing it and it was not fun for a single moment. The main reason is because I kept on adjusting the painting in several layers and every time I had to change up her face, I had to cover up the gaps in every single layer. I learned an important lesson that I should consolidate my layers into 1-2 working layers only.
I tried a grainy brush for texture but covered up most of it, it wasn’t looking good. Between achieving translucency and texture, I think I got confused and did not achieve either one.
Lots of lessons learned in this drawing. This one was about 11hrs.