Wildlife art and app

Dashboard Forums Weekly Member Message Wildlife art and app

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Scott Shulman
    Participant

Hi Matt and other members, a suggestion and a question.
    First, passing on a free iOS app which I’ve used for work for years but started using for photographing art to submit to dtol a few months ago. It’s called ‘PhotoScan’ and is designed as a scanning app for documents. I have no idea how it works but it’s very clever. it uses 4 different photos to automatically combine into one picture, correcting for parallax errors and coming up with one photo which is close to straight(as if it’s orthoganal to the drawing). Of course it still helps if you try to keep the phone flat, and it tells you if you’re getting too far off. I don’t think you lose any major color fidelity or resolution from the regular camera app or at least I can’t tell if you do.

Next a question: Matt, you mentioned Robert Bateman in a previous blog. I love wildlife art but to me it most often focuses heavily on exquisite textural detail in fur and feathers, etc. Sometimes there is a more painterly approach which is also beautiful, but I’ve looked hard for artists who approach it more like a figure drawing.

Is anyone familiar with any artists whose work is more focused on form and gesture, etc?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Scott Shulman
    Participant

Sorry that was supposed to be an example of the focus on texture, a Bateman drawing

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.