What’s the best tool for sketching on an iPad Pro?

Dashboard Forums Weekly Member Message What’s the best tool for sketching on an iPad Pro?

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kate Emery
    Participant

I have an iPad Pro that I’d like to do more sketching on and wonder what you’d advise for a tool. Seems like the most popular overall tool is Photoshop but for the iPad you need to use either Photoshop Express or Photoshop Sketch neither of which are very robust.

ArtStudio Pro seems to be good but haven’t used it much. One thing I’d love to do is to load in a photo on one layer – mark off some landmarks and then load my sketch after trying to eyeball it based on your tutorials and see where I’m off. I’m thinking this would be a good way to train my eye. What do you think?

Matthew
    Keymaster

Kate,

I like Adobe sketch. I hear Procreate is a good option. I love the feeling of the Apple Pencil. However the iPad Pro just does not offer the options a desktop Adobe product does, yet.

Robust is the key word.

Matt

Matthew
    Keymaster

Kate,

I like Adobe sketch. I hear Procreate is a good option. I love the feeling of the Apple Pencil. However the iPad Pro just does not offer the options a desktop Adobe product does, yet.

Robust is the key word.

Matt

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.