what is 'improvement' for a highly experienced artist

Dashboard Forums Weekly Member Message what is 'improvement' for a highly experienced artist

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Liz Bird
    Participant

Hi Matt

I have been a member for about 18 months and have learned so much from you. I also randomly look at other sites and one thing I hear from you and other experienced successful artists is the sense you have of constant improvement. You have more than done your 10,000 hours (ref: Malcom Gladwell, ‘The Outliers’, what it is to be a master) I look at your current Instagram art and to me, as a beginner, it is highly competent, but I was wondering how you see yourself as ‘improving’, say over the last 5 years, what is it you feel you understand more or do better.I wonder if you are technically better or can create what you see/want to depict more easily / accurately? I guess lying behind this question, is something to do with ‘when should be satisfied or even pleased with our art?’ This is important in terms of sharing and confidence to move forward.

Matthew
    Keymaster

Hi Liz,

This is such a great question. I will do my best to answer it in Monday’s member podcast:)

Matt

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.