What Class Next

Dashboard Forums Drawing Questions What Class Next

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lisa Gray
    Participant

I have one class left in the beginning drawing series. I understand, where to go next, is discussed in the last lesson, but I also thought I would pose the question here.

Matt’s beginner series is the first drawing class I’ve had (loved it). So, here’s what I want to accomplish going forward, I have written a few children’s books and I would love to illustrate them myself. So I need to know how to draw – well everything – children, place images in a scene, clothing, landscape, composition, perspective. I would like my illustrations to have some realism, but fantasy is also really important to me, like my own hyper-real version (samples of the style I love are attached).

So, where is my best next move? Eventually, I would like to take every class Matt offers, but it would also be nice to start working on some illustrations for one of my books. Right now I haven’t a clue how to begin to draw children or animals (Even semi-surreal looking, that I will need for the books) or how to place these objects in a scene.

Thank you for your feedback.

Lisa Ann Gray

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matthew
    Keymaster

Hi Lisa,

I recommend either Composition Through Landscape or my brand new Process course.

But would really help you. I would love to talk to this in next Monday’s Podcast.

Wonderful work!

Matt

Lisa Gray
    Participant

Matt,

Do you think there is any benefit to me doing the life drawing lesson as well? I want to make sure you know that the artwork I attached isn’t mine (in my post above). I didn’t create it. It is an example of a style that really appeals to me.

I just want to make sure you didn’t base your decision of what classes I should take on the artwork I attached above – thinking I did it (I’m not that good – ha, ha).

Thank you for your insight and time! I am learning so much from your classes. This has been a lifelong dream come true!

Sincerely,

Lisa Gray

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.