Top animation films by the SVA students opinion?

Dashboard Forums Weekly Member Message Top animation films by the SVA students opinion?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alexander Shunko
    Participant

Matthew, could you ask your students-animators from SVA to compose a list of must-watch animation films?

Which animated films are popular among animation department students in the SVA?

The more – the better 😀

Btw I learned about “Paprika” (2006) and “Avatar: The Legend of Aang” (2005) from your YouTube sketchbook videos, lol )))

Thanks,
    Alexander

Arjun Khode
    Participant

Not an SVA student but for me its all the studio Ghibli movies. My neighbor Totoro, Howl’s moving castle, Kiki’s delivery service, Spirited away, princess Mononoke. From non Ghibli movies, Journey to Agartha is a fav.
    Another great one is Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron. It features some of the most iconic music by Bryan Adams

If you count anime TV series, that would be an entirely different chapter.
    Hayao Miyazaki’s Heidi series would be #1 for me.

Some of my current to-watch list consists of
    Kimi no na wa and Akira.

-Arjun

Arjun Khode
    Participant

Oh yeah, if you like stop motion, Rilakkuma and Kaoru would be a great current/super short series not to miss.

Alexander Shunko
    Participant

Thanks, Arjun. 😀

Everything counts, cause I am headed towards the illustration/animation stuff.

I am still into anatomy deep study mode. I make the highly structured detailed notes from the medical anatomy books, as an addition to the DTO Anatomy course. I love that, but sometimes I simply want to have fun with drawing. So learning from the works of animation artists and maybe even mimicking their style (such as how they draw emotions or gestures) could help me tremendously.

The previous month I was very busy with work and duties, so made a very modest progress in my studies… It is a little bit annoying, I want to draw more, but instead I’m stuck with a lot of incomplete goals. I tend to overcomplicate things too much, I need to learn how to simplify. I like stylized drawings, even completely without anatomy… So the animation is a necessary resource of inspiration for me.

Alexander

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.