Saturday Drawing Class

Dashboard Forums Tutorial Suggestions & Feedback Saturday Drawing Class

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Mike Miller
    Participant

I enjoyed the class Saturday, but once a week is rather time consuming especially when summer comes around and yard work becomes a priority. I would recommend once a month. For topics, I would like to see more about drawing textures, glass, silver, simple cloth exercises, wood, and rusted surfaces. I also like the idea of some landscaping sketches, especially hints on making quick sketches in the field and maybe some field sketches of cityscapes.

Arjun Khode
    Participant

Hi everyone! For me, once or twice a week is ideal as I am a full time student of DTO. I would like to seek advice on doing Bouguereau copies for the next class. “Imagemaking in the academic style”. I can draw along with my own projects if Matt just goes live to work on his stuff and just chat. Please vote for or suggest topics for next class here everyone.
    -Arjun

Michael Joel
    Participant

We have all been grounded here in the U.K. so once a week sounds good.

Arjun Khode
    Participant

Just realized that the next episode is going to be on trees.

Nancy Gilbert
    Participant

Really enjoyed the first class! Though, man, am I slow when it comes to drawing in a “real-time” setting. So very out of practice with live drawing. 😳 Weekly is fine for me, though I know at least one person who will only be able to catch the video version because of the 10am EDT start. But I’m sure they’d enjoy the video (as would I in case other things interfere with my schedule).
    I like the ideas proposed above and would be interested to see something on starting a still life, or a cast portrait or even a self portrait. Heck, pretty much anything. 😄

Thanks again – and looking forward to the next one!

Ps. Matt, I posted a still from the first class on Instagram (with my final drawing). Is that ok? I blurred out the Zoom meeting number, but figured I’d better check – a little late, but better than never, I hope. 🤦‍♀️

Janet Aspinall
    Participant

Hi all,

Is there a link to the Saturday drawing class as timing doesnt permit me to watch it live.

Cheers

Nancy Gilbert
    Participant

Hi Janet, there wasn’t a link for last week’s class because it was the first one and there were a few things to juggle as it got worked out in progress. Matt mentioned something about recording and sharing the sessions with the other members who can’t attend, so that might happen for future ones. Here’s hoping!🤞

Janet Aspinall
    Participant

Thank you Nancy.

Sara Corren
    Participant

Hi there,

Yes, I really would loved to have watched the trees lesson but because of time differences (1am in the morning} it wasn’t possible. If there is a way of watching it later that would be fantastic. Landscape sketches, trees and foliage, clouds(as we can all still look out of windows🤞), even still life’s would be fantastic to see in the future.

It’s a fabulous idea to see you draw this way so thank you,
    Sara

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.