Rendering breasts

Dashboard Forums Weekly Member Message Rendering breasts

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Arjun Khode
    Participant

Hi Matt. In this week’s painting, I was kind of able to wing it while rendering the breasts of the statue because I’ve seen you render a sphere with paint at PTO. But how would you approach blocking in the paint for rendering breasts like those? Is there a shorthand version for rendering the breasts quickly or does it always have to be rendered long duration to make it look spherical?

I kind of know how to do it, but this statement keeps haunting me: Ted Seth Jacobs said that it is a bad thing to render something in concentric circles, following the contour exactly. But that is kind of how you would render a sphere, wouldn’t you?

Anthony Ryder’s approach to rendering is so weird, I’ve noticed that where you might render along the length of things, he will purposely render along the width of it to give it a wash of tone, and then he will also render along the length. This has spoiled me in terms of brush stroke direction. I always take the harder route first. I’m trying to change that.

I’d love to see how you would block in a sphere or a breast, and what brush stroke directions you’d take with the thinner form lines later on.

-Arjun

Arjun Khode
    Participant

Ted Seth Jacobs was like the telemarketing salesman of the art world. He insulted the intelligence of his readers and desperately tried to get you to buy his ideas. I know not to completely believe him because he spoke in absolutes.

I just realized that that was the thing limiting me from exploring brushstroke direction freely.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.