Pushing oneself

Dashboard Forums Weekly Member Message Pushing oneself

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Arjun Khode
    Participant

Hi Matt. I just had a massive bout of insecurity. I am doing 1 painting a week every week, but inside my head, I feel like I’m not doing much. I am not able to gauge how much effort I’m putting because eventually I’m not making any money. How do I push through this and achieve my peak potential. I know I am losing when I’m trying to make money fast. But honestly, I feel like I often get too comfortable in my own zone and do lesser and lesser. How do I not get too comfortable? What would it mean to push myself, does it mean completing more than 1 drawing a week, or does it mean learning more and doing more practice drawings besides the 1 drawing? If it means learning more, how do I learn faster for my own sake? How do I gain more professional confidence so that I can accomplish what I’ve been hired for? I feel like I’ve been trying to find my style that creates a great demand, but I’m not getting much response.

Do you think running paid promotions on Instagram will help? No one is reaching out to me.

If I had to be super honest, I often feel like I will die this way trying to be an artist and never make any money.It’s hard for me to embrace the support that I already have so it seems almost too perfect at times.It practically feels like a clean run, and I’m expecting something bad to happen.

– Arjun

Matthew
    Keymaster

Hi Arjun,

Listen to tonight’s podcast. Let me know if it’s okay that I share part of this podcast on youtube. I will include a link to your Instagram.

Matt

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.