I caught a cold, which plays havoc with my concentration. Makes me wonder what you do when a drawing seems to work out but suddenly starts slipping from your fingers at a certain point. Do you plod on, for success is right round the corner? Or throw it away?
I tried leaving it alone for two days, didn’t help.
I measured, refigurated, seen that angles were/are off, dropped eyes, raised lips and measured some more: still didn’t work.
Won’t upload for critique for there is too much wrong with it, attached as a reference (and testament of my frustration!).
Thanks for your enthusiasm on my drawing from last week, made my day!
I love the eyes, I think they look stunning even though you say they are off. I think you can still save it! May I ask you where you found this reference photo? I saw a similar once on this page with someone having a book on the head, I would love to try and draw something like those some day. 🙂
I see 🙂 Like the references. I think you could tweak the drawing and make it look stunning.
* Move the bridge of the nose slightly to the right with an eraser
* Make the lower lip a tad smaller
* Accentuate the cheekbone a little bit, like if you could contour your face with makeup
* Add the baggy part of HER left eye to make it look more realistic
* Make her chin/neck area slightly larger to the left in the image
* Make the background dark and lose some edges
* Change the shape of her neck-collar-thingee 🙂
* Make the pupil in HER right eye slightly larger
You’re selling yourself short! Yes some of the dimensions are a tad off, but keep at it. Even if you don’t get the exact result you were hoping for, it’s great practice. The drawing is still great, too!