Palomino Blackwing Pencils

Dashboard Forums Drawing Questions Palomino Blackwing Pencils

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Madison Hughes
    Participant

Matt,

What are your thoughts on Palomino Blackwing Pencils? I stumbled across a Palomino Blackwing 602, and I find it to be absolutely wonderful. There is certainly a price to pay for them, but I am beginning to think they are worth every penny. I am a quality over quantity type of person, and I find the quality of these pencils to be second to none. For the reader not familiar with Blackwing products, I leave you this link: https://blackwing602.com

Best Regards,
    Madison

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Arjun Khode
    Participant

One of my favorite artists on Instagram, James Martin endorses these pencils.
    -Arjun.

Matthew
    Keymaster

Hi Madison,

Listen to tonight’s podcast. I only use two different types of pencils. However, I will try them out on Friday in class.

Matt

Nancy Gilbert
    Participant

Hi Madison,
    I’m also #TeamBlackwingPalomino. Those and ColErase are my go-to pencils, both types great but for different reasons. The ColErase for cool linework drawings and the Blackwing for rich value studies. The Blackwing is so smooth it almost makes me feel like I can draw! 😁
    ~ Nancy

Madison Hughes
    Participant

Hello Nancy,

Thank you for your feedback. I agree with you on how the Blackwing feels, and I was thinking about using the ColErase as you described; the Blackwing 602, Blackwing Pearl, and the Regular Blackwing as my 2B, 3B, and 4B respectively. I can’t wait to hear what Matt thinks about them.

Best Regards,
    Madison

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.