Pain in hand, forearm and upper part of the arm

Dashboard Forums Drawing Questions Pain in hand, forearm and upper part of the arm

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Heidi Søholm
    Participant

Hi everybody,
    The last couple of day I have had pain in my right hand, forearm and upper part of the arm when I use it. I think it started out as I squeezed out glue from a obstinate container and cut out things with a utility knife. But now the pain resurfaces as I draw. I am concerned and would like to hear your thoughts on the matter. As I draw I usually have my paper on an easel on a 45 degree angle. My elbow is pressing against the table top and bears the weight of my arm (and maybe some of the rest of my weight as well). Could this be part of the problem? Is there something i can do? Is all that is required complete rest? Thanks for the help.
    Heidi

Marjan Van der Donk
    Participant

Hi Heidi,
    That sounds like an injury you should get a professional opion on, like a physiotherapist. I have had a similar injury these past weeks, and yes – rest helps. Plus doing gentle exercises to release tension in your neck/shoulder/upper back. Warmth helps too. For drawing and painting I consciously vary my positions: sitting down and 45 degrees agle, standing up 90 degrees angle + limiting my drawing (too my chagrin). Hope this helps a bit, get well soon!

Heidi Søholm
    Participant

Thanks for the advice, Marjan. I do consider seeing our doctor if this continues.
    Thanks I hope so too 🙂

Matthew Archambault
    Participant

Heidi,

This is an important one. Listen to tonight’s podcast.

Matt

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.