Need a help with the tone structure.

Dashboard Forums Weekly Member Message Need a help with the tone structure.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Alexander Shunko
    Participant

Hello, Matthew!

Here is a photo reference for a drawing that I started two days ago. The image is from the photo archive of “Croquis Cafe“, the model is T. Shaw

Didn’t photograph my drawing yet, it would be extremely hard to do so because the drawing is extremely light in its early stage… I’ve spent few hours yesterday with proportions and today I gently started with tone.

The question is that for now I don’t know the anatomy good enough (not started the anatomy course yet, still work on “Begin Here Step By Step” concepts) and I am not sure where to emphasize the construction of a form.

Though I want to make quite a loose impressionistic drawing, but I would like to emphasize the anatomical features of a model here and there. Otherwise the form in my drawing already tends to be too rounded. Don’t want to render it overly smooth…

Please, show me where can I exaggerate the form shading so I can make the gradations in the drawing a bit more sharp?

Where could I emphasize the surface planes of anatomy and make the surface more angular instead of rounded?

Thank you,
    Alexander.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.