What is your daily drawing gymnastic.
Ever since I started studying at DTO, I’ve been doing daily exercises for my hand so that it loosens, for my eyes to follow the hand in a concentrated manner and to work well together.
These include following exercises:
• long fast straight lines
• slow lines
• move your hand in curves, soft and firm
• Circles, ellipses, hatching, Serpentine lines (like skying) a.s.o.
The following rules apply:
• My strokes are fluid, long and fast or slow
• I use large paper (newsprint) and soft pen
• Paint over the same lines again and again, try to catch them.