My 1 year anniversary at DTO!

Dashboard Forums Tutorial Suggestions & Feedback My 1 year anniversary at DTO!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Marjan Van der Donk
    Participant

Hi Matt,

Hurrah, I’ve been a member of DTO for a year now! Looking back I’m very proud of (and astonished by) my progress. Just for fun I have uploaded the first portrait I dared to submit for critique – this was after finishing the Begin Here Step By Step from the original DTO July last year – and a drawing I made two weeks ago.

Thank you for everything!
    Regards,
    Marjan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Linn Hansson
    Participant

Oh my you’ve improved really well!
    I joined the website last fall but since I got ill after just a few weeks I haven’t been able to improve very much, sadly.

Marjan Van der Donk
    Participant

@Linn: that can be frustrating I know from experience. Hang in there, and enjoy the good times however small they may be!

Matthew
    Keymaster

Thank you both for being members. Sometimes progress comes in different time frames. But it will come if you are committed.

Nice job!

Sara Corren
    Participant

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing your progress! It really is inspirational to see what you have accomplished. You have such a beautiful and sensitive style.

Marjan Van der Donk
    Participant

Thank you Sara!

Linn Hansson
    Participant

What a wonderful presentation you got on yesterday’s podcast. I love your paintings, especially the bottom left one with the camera. I wish I had friends here where I live to just sit and draw/paint with and learn from each other!

Marjan Van der Donk
    Participant

Yes, having artistic friends nearby is a true bonus! If ever you find yourself in the South of the Netherlands you’re more than welcome to come and paint at my place!

Linn Hansson
    Participant

Thank you, I will remember that. The same to you if you’re ever going to travel to Gothenburg, Sweden and a few km beyond that :p
    It is sad that not a lot of people are drawing. It seems like the majority doesn’t and I wish they would, it is so much fund and like Matt says, it really is a form of meditation if you are in the right mood and not stress about it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.