Member To Member Critique

Dashboard Forums Member To Member Critique Member To Member Critique

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Matthew
    Keymaster

Image TestLooking for some feedback from a fellow member. Upload your image here. Keep your file size under 1000 KB

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Winnifred Tkachuk
    Participant

I am not sure how to do this, I am not sure how to know what my file size is from iPad. Please somebody let me know if I am exceeding and by how much. And how to fix it.
    Also if this is appropriate and in the right place.
    This is from my “other life” where I am not struggling to draw the human figure.
    I think my animals are way better than my people and I have written kid books and eventually would like to publish online. However I understand digital art is the way to go. Anyway, skill-wise, does anyone think I am close to being able to do this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Marty Kulma
    Participant

Hi Winnifred,
    Your tiger looks awesome!

For Apple devices, getting the file size is a little complicated. You can download an app that will help you. http://www.wikihow.com/Find-the-File-Size-of-an-iOS-Photo

While I’m not in the publishing or illustration industry, I have spent a lot of time in kids books recently, and all kinds of art is acceptable there. It comes down to the age group you are targeting. I’m sure the tiger would cover many age groups.

Lots of kid books tell a story or support a story with their illustrations – and those have been the most successful in my observations. 3 that seem to be in my current rotation – “The Interrupting Chicken” – Stein,”The Magic Pot” – Coombs, “The Life of Fred” series – Schmidt. If you can tell a story in your style, then i’d say you are ready to go!

Matthew
    Keymaster

Hi Marty,

Thanks for that. I just searched and found the same thing. Great advice.

Matt

Linn Hansson
    Participant

Your tiger looks wonderful! It has that great facial expression you want a tiger to have. Powerful but laid back at the same time. I think you could publish a wonderful children’s book if you want to. That would be awesome!

I’m one of those people wanting to master all mediums, which for me is a bad thing because I never take the time to master one medium at a time, but I will try and pace myself. You should try digital painting! It is a lot of fun, I used to learn it but that was before I discovered polychromos and watercolour 🙂 I also had no fundamentals in colour theory or drawing, but when I’m buying a new computer I will start exploring the digital world again. I love the colour correcting tool, saves me a lot of time. 😉

What kind of children’s book are you planning on writing? I’d love to read it online whenever you publish it!

Winnifred Tkachuk
    Participant

Thanks so much!

Winnifred Tkachuk
    Participant

Have one on the go about a toddler and her dog, was kinda commissioned.

Linn Hansson
    Participant

Sounds nice!

Winnifred Tkachuk
    Participant

Thank you!

Magnus Burén
    Participant

I think this Tiger drawing would do really well as an illustration, well done and best of luck with your upcoming books 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.