Marty's Sketchbook

Dashboard Forums Members Journal Marty's Sketchbook

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 157 total)
  • Author
    Marty Kulma
    Participant

quick sketch from today – unfortunately ran into some problems in the facial measurements

it’s just a sketch

let it go

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Erik Lodin
    Participant

Awesome work as always Marty!

Thanks for sharing your process. It’s really interesting to follow a painting from sketch to finished art. You have a great imagination and the skills to illustrate them.
    I must also compliment you on your line drawings. They are wonderful. Have you been practicing a lot of line drawings lately?

/Erik

Marty Kulma
    Participant

🙂 thanks Erik

since we acquired a german shepherd puppy, i’ve actually been avoiding drawing – just haven’t had time.

For me, a break from drawing always seems beneficial – when i come back, i’m a little rusty for a drawing or two – but as i’m warming up, i find that something i struggled with will all of a sudden becomes easy.

Marty Kulma
    Participant

quick sketch for tonight – a little rusty with the hand-eye coordination

Attachments:
    Marjan Van der Donk
    Participant

Great skills, rusty or not! And yes, I have the same experience when returning to drawing from doing something else (whether it be painting or something totally unrelated): techniques seem to have ‘sunk in’ . Always a happy moment 😉

Marty Kulma
    Participant

Thanks Marjan 🙂 I wonder though, when your pencil doesn’t seem to cooperate, do you start talking to it? 😀

My pencil wouldn’t listen at first, but i think it is coming around.

Attachments:
    Marjan Van der Donk
    Participant

I’ll try sweet talking to my materials, good tip! For I usually mutter not-so-nice words and/or grunts when they don’t listen. Love is the word! 😉
    Does your puppy listen yet?

Marty Kulma
    Participant

hahahaha – i’ve scolded my materials, pleaded with them and praised them for a good job – not sure if it helps, but i have no intention of stopping.

The dog is doing well. We’ve been training constantly. I’ve recently been teaching him off-leash. He comes when called, can sit, lay down and give his paw (shake hands). There is additional training for a service dog – he sits and waits for his food, doesn’t eat until commanded. He lays under the table at meals – no begging or human food. He sits at a door and doesn’t go through until commanded. He’s managing just fine with it so far, even though it seems like a lot.

Marty Kulma
    Participant

i try to draw something from imagination and it looks like someone picking their butt

Attachments:
    Marty Kulma
    Participant

w o w

Jeremy Mann
    Michael Malm
    Jeff Hein
    Casey Baugh
    Jeremy Lipking
    Ali Cavanaugh

this is just awesome – by Jeremy Mann
    The-Forgotten-version-two-Neglect Jeffrey Mann

Marty Kulma
    Participant

someone asked if i did sci-fi art – thought i’d try it out

attempt #1 – sketch combined with a bit of color study

i have no idea what i’m doing

Attachments:
    Marty Kulma
    Participant
    Marty Kulma
    Participant

slipped in some sketching before bed with some Etta James

Attachments:
    Marjan Van der Donk
    Participant

Love this sketch!I really get the sense of perspective, and – as always- love how you convey the different planes and ‘direction’ with just a few lines. Do you draw from life too? I plan to go to some open life drawing classes this spring (waiting for the evenings to be milder and lighter for I only have a bike and hate biking after dark in the cold along country roads to the Big City ;-))
    Draw the dog!

Marty Kulma
    Participant

Thanks Marjan 🙂

Aside from some still life drawings, no life drawing. Living things in my house move all the time, and I’m an introvert. It isn’t relaxing for me to be in a group of people doing anything – and drawing/painting is what i do to relax.

So short answer – I work from photos and memory drawings (sometimes i see something while i’m out, and i just have to draw it when i get home).

Is the trip to your drawing class long? I hope you enjoy it, and stay safe! I’m eager to hear of your experience.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 157 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.