Mark's Journal

Dashboard Forums Members Journal Mark's Journal

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mark Davey
    Participant

Thank you Matt for the tutorial on my painting. You gave me so much more than I was expecting. And it was great to see my painting pop with more realism with a few slight changes. I will be working to improve on my efforts and create better and more realistic paintings as I progress in my understanding. It is great to be back here on Dto and I would like to say hi to all the members . This week I have a drawing for a painting that I am struggling with in terms of finding the line that separates and the placement of shadows. The image has very little discernable shadows, the light comes from many directions that it appears to have no form light. It is a presentation piece and I would like to bring some life to the image. Unsure which direction to take to achieve the best results. Is there a way of using photoshop to create shadows? As I will be working with photos throughout this painting. Hope you can help me bring this image to a presentable level Matt. And thank you once more for all your help

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matthew
    Keymaster

Next post this image in the gallery. It would be a great learning lesson for all. In a nutshell you have to think everything as simple form.

The desk is a box, the head is a oval, the body is an oval too. Then add light to the form.

In this case I would have light coming from up above.

Yes the photo has flat light so there is no obvious line that separates. You will have to use a bit of artistic license.

Thanks for the kind words.

Matt

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.