Linn's Sketchbook

Dashboard Forums Members Journal Linn's Sketchbook

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Linn Hansson
    Participant

Thank you, I hope so too. 🙂

Abigail Stout
    Participant

I’m happy to hear you are recovered enough to be able to get back to something you enjoy.
    Abigail

Linn Hansson
    Participant

Thank you Abuígail 🙂

Linn Hansson
    Participant

Made some small adjustments to the drawing but since it didn’t really turn out that great I decided not to stress myself with the hair. I’ll leave it as it is and perhaps I’ll try to redraw it some other time.
    I did start on the “understanding form” tutorial but failed horribly. I did use the col-erase pencil, which I usually do not use so perhaps the failure in shading could be blamed on that, but the proportions are a bit off as well and I just hate it. I spent quite a lot of time on it so I might have to give it some time before I decide to draw it again. I might start the next chapter in the “begin here” tutorials so that I do not take out the fun part of learning to draw.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Lucille Kreps
    Participant

Hi Linn,

I know I’m late chiming in on this one – but I wanted to comment that I *really* like the way you did your white on black rough skeletons – so much so that I saved them on my laptop. I hope you don’t mind – I have a folder that is just other peoples sketches that I find really striking : )

thanks for sharing!

– Luci

Linn Hansson
    Participant

Thank you Lucille
    I did them quite fast on my computer where I drew the lines on top of a new layer over the photo and then replaced the photo with a black background. You may keep them, glad they can be of any use to you.

Linn Hansson
    Participant

Decided to call it finished today. I grew tired of it and started to be sloppy which meant that it was time to leave it and start a new drawing. I didn’t watch the last video of the tutorial, I found the videos to be quite long and usually I like it, but I guess glass just doesn’t do it for me. 🙂
    Col-erase on Strathmore 300 series bristol paper in vellum.

Attachments:
    Linn Hansson
    Participant

Started this drawing earlier this week but it has been resting for a few days. I love the process of the portrait drawing but unfortunately I messed it up and it looks nothing like the reference. I am going to try and tweak it and see if I can make it look more like the reference. I am in the beginning of lesson 3 and feel very nervous about her hair. I really do hate to draw hair, I feel handicapped.

Attachments:
    Linn Hansson
    Participant

Some more progress of the drawing. I really hate hair and I just get in a bad mood when I try to draw it. I might just focus on the face on this one, we’ll see. Made some adjustments to the facial features, it looks better but not very accurate.

Attachments:
    Marty Kulma
    Participant

Don’t despair, you’re doing great with the hair 😀

I hate hair too .. i usually find it’s easier to start with a tone and pick out highlights

.. and always work in large shapes

Keep up the great work!

Linn Hansson
    Participant

Thank you Marty,
    I hope that I will put aside my frustration and try to draw more on the hair, I just get tunnel vision and blocked! But if I will not be able to do it, I might have to find some hair tutorials to follow. I saw that there are some on the old DTO website, but I haven’t watched them yet. To me it would be useful to have a smaller tutorial on hair which doesn’t include a full haircut, but pieces of hair, to make it feel more doable. 🙂

Linn Hansson
    Participant

Watched the “How to Draw Hands” tutorial last night. Wanted to practice my hand-eye coordination. Had a blast and I think it looks okay. Decided not to render it more than just some basic light and shade to practice surface planes which I do struggle with.

Attachments:
    Linn Hansson
    Participant

Decided to re-draw the hand because it was so much fun. I failed all other drawings from the other reference photos. Bad photo but I will try and reshoot it tomorrow in daylight to hand it in for critique.

Attachments:
    Linn Hansson
    Participant

Photo taken in daylight 🙂

Attachments:
    Kwang Yang Tan
    Participant

Hi Lynn, your drawings are really good! I’m still trying to wrap my head around the fundamentals for now and hopefully I’ll be able to move on to more complex works like the ones you are doing. Nice work! Keep it going 🙂

KY

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.