Linn's Sketchbook

Dashboard Forums Members Journal Linn's Sketchbook

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Linn Hansson
    Participant

Thanks. I feel that it is easier for me to be more loose when I draw with my tablet and not on actual paper. I guess it is because it is harder to get controlled line on a tablet than with an analogue pencil. I tried to make a three shape drawing. I loved the idea even though it looks stiff and the proportions aren’t the best. I think that if I practise this enough, I will someday learn to draw somewhat realistic poses. I just have to learn how to be more loose. I’ll try and make some digitally on top of the photos as well, since it worked out pretty nice with the rough skeleton.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Marty Kulma
    Participant

I hear you – i believe i will struggle with getting loose lines forever 🙂

Have you tried the opposite C’s / gesture drawing? I have to go through this and force myself do it, or i start making everything very stiff and straight.

Lesson 5 under the “Figure Drawing From Life” course.

Figure Drawing A Layered Approach

Linn Hansson
    Participant

I watched that tutorial yesterday but I haven’t had the time to actually draw it. I have to rewatch the tutorial again I think because I was very tired and I have forgotten most things. I am waiting for my sketchbook which I hope till arrive tomorrow so that I can start using it and keep my drawings collected for the sake of the tutorials.

Linn Hansson
    Participant

Taking a break from drawing the final project from the tutorial ‘Figure Drawing From Life’. Not a very good photo of it but I’m too lazy to adjust the lightning in the room. I struggled a lot with the outline of the drawing. It took me several hours and then I decided to cheat a little bit. I took some see through paper and drew the outline on top of the photo and compared the outline to my drawing and made some adjustments on the drawing. Her face looks quite weird at the moment so I am going to re-draw it later on. I still haven’t decided if the placement of her left arm is good yet, I will have to think about it. I hope to be able to finish this by sunday to hand it in for a critique since I haven’t finished a drawing in two weeks and last week I had to send in the rough skeleton to just have sent in something.

Attachments:
    Marty Kulma
    Participant

the torso came out beautifully! i would love to see you finish the legs as well

Marjan Van der Donk
    Participant

I know it’s work in progress, but it’s starting to look stunning!

Linn Hansson
    Participant

Thank you.
    I’m not happy with the rendering of the torso, but I kinda like the outline on the right where there are some opposite C’s.
    My goal is not to make the proportions of this drawing perfect. I am trying to turn my stiff drawing into something more lose but refined at the same time. Not sure if that is possible but still :p

Linn Hansson
    Participant

I’m frustrated that my back is still hurting. I went to a physiotherapist this week and she told me I should avoid doing anything that hurts my back, as well as avoid leaning forward – which mean I cannot draw or paint for a while. I’m sad about it, but I hope that it will be better soon.
    My work as a radiographer means that I am using my body a lot and it has started to become a problem for me since I am having a hard time to lean forward and pick up things and my back hurts real bad after a few hours of work.
    Let’s see if my exercises will help me to be able to draw in a few weeks.

Marty Kulma
    Participant

Sorry to hear – I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Linn Hansson
    Participant

Thank you. I hope so too. I am dying to play with my polychromos and try and get accurate skin colours, but for now my back hurts no matter how I sit, stand or lay down. :/

Linn Hansson
    Participant

I’ve been longing to go back to DTO, which I haven’t been able to for a few months but I feel that it is time to start drawing again and I hope that my back and shoulder will allow me to. Seems like I did not post my latest drawing which I did back in january.

Attachments:
    Marty Kulma
    Participant

great piece Linn 🙂

welcome back!

Linn Hansson
    Participant

Thank you Marty 🙂
    Got a bit of a setback while “drawing accurate shapes” but I think it was because I didn’t use my tilted drawing board. I’m thinking about getting a new, smaller one which won’t use up all of my desk space for when I actually do not need a huge tilted area to work on :p
    I’ve just started to watch the video “seeing shadow shapes” and I hope to be able to draw some later on today.

Linn Hansson
    Participant

I hope to finally say that my back injury has healed. 🙂 I’ve hardly been drawing since last year, and I am a bit rusty but I’m having fun. 🙂 Started on seeing shadow shapes, haven’t finished it yet but I sent it into critique anyway.

Attachments:
    Marjan Van der Donk
    Participant

Hi Linn, hope you can keep on drawing!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.