Lights sources outside

Dashboard Forums Drawing Questions Lights sources outside

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi Matt,
    I listened and watched very carefully your videos on lights sources. It is much more clear than the first ones in the old site. It help me to organise the light for my still life. But what about drawing or painting in plein air, where to sit or stand to draw, what hours of the day, morning and sunset may be ?
    I have another question about the form and rim light in the studio : is it possible instead of two artificial lights to mix one form light from artificial source and let’s say that the second source — rim light – will be coming from the window ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.
    Best.
    Annabelle

Rainer Frank
    Participant

Hi Matt,

I also have a light source related question. Have you come across a rule, that the light source (eg side light) should be preferably positioned to the left or right hand side of a painting?

Best
    Rainer

Matthew
    Keymaster

Hi Frank,

It depends on if you are a righty or lefty. You do not want you hand casting a shadow on your painting from the the light source.

Matt

Rainer Frank
    Participant

Hi Matt,

thanks for the reply. But i was realting to the theoretical lighting that is captured in a painting. like movements from left to right (in painting or film) suggest going forward, while from right to left suggests moving backward.

Rainer

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.