Keep calm and draw on

Dashboard Forums Weekly Member Message Keep calm and draw on

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Karina Lim
    Participant

Where I live we’ve been hit and panicking about the virus for 2 months now. Has where you live suddenly turned dire due to the virus? Initially I was completely stressed out and germaphobic and worried sick about getting sick. having to adjust to staying in was also a huge stressor.

I heard a program on bbc world service radio about Newton ‘discovering’ the law of gravity when the apple fell from the tree. That year he spent staying home while the bubonic plague raged on and the university closed. Apparently it was a very productive time for his work.

For myself, all social activity fell off the cliff two months ago. No more busy this and that, running around outside. We pared down daily life to the basics. Amazingly, Despite a baby in the house, I found time and quiet and picked up the brush and pencil again for the first time in 8 months. It has also taken my mind off bad news

I just wanted to encourage anyone who feels like its mayhem. We will adjust and cope! Keep calm and draw on

Arjun Khode
    Participant

Hi Karina. I sincerely hope all of you guys are ok and safe. Just stay happy wherever you are, and stay strong.

-Arjun

Alan Franceschini
    Participant

Hi Karina,

Here in Milan we’re all locked inside our homes and can only leave to go to the pharmacy or the grocery store. Shops, bars, gyms are all closed. I think being stuck at home can be somewhat unnerving, especially when it’s for a prolonged period of time (this is the third week for me). However just like you said I too find that drawing and painting are helping me relax and focus on something productive instead of just worrying continuously.

Anyway I hope everyone is okay and drawing 🙂

Alan

Matthew
    Keymaster

Karina,

Listen to tonight’s podcast. The flowers looked great.

Matt

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.