Is this a good strategy?

Dashboard Forums Weekly Member Message Is this a good strategy?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Felipe Menezes
    Participant

Hello Matthew!! So far, I’ve watched all the videos from: Begin Here Step By Step, Figure Drawing From Life and 60 Minutes Figure Drawing. I have read too, the Recommended Reading documents. For this next month of September, I will be able to practice in a daily basis full time. I’m trying to figure out an optimal daily routine with what I’ve learned so far, while I keep watching the other departments of DTO. I planned a day journey that starts with a quick warm up, where I make some very rough peanut shape torso from photo reference ( about six figure, very sketchy ), then I jump in a 60 minutes figure drawing and go to a well rendered drawing in which I spend about 5 to 7 hours in total on which one. I want to commit myself to finish at least 2 or 3 well rendered drawings per week. I downloaded the photo reference from gallery to accomplish that. My goal is to optimize the precious time that I have and try to enter as soon as possible in the ascending part of the learning curve. Unfortunately, I can’t practice drawing live human models by now. Is that routine a good strategy? Thank so much.

Matthew
    Keymaster

Hi Felipe,

Listen to tonight’s podcast.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.