Is this a good strategy ? – part 2

Dashboard Forums Drawing Questions Is this a good strategy ? – part 2

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Felipe Menezes
    Participant

Hi Matthew!!! I will try to summarize.
    My main goal now:
    – Train the ability to draw the rough skeleton with volume in any position from my memory
    – Create a mental visual library of rough skeletons
    My new routine ( every day ):
    – Warm up – quick drawing of ovals and lines.
    – Rough skeleton from memory – I look quickly ( 10 seconds ) to photo and try to draw the rough skeleton from my memory. Them, I look again to the photo and draw the rough skeleton from the photo. 3 different photos in the session; 6 rough skeletons in total. Immediately after, I draw more 4 rough skeletons in different positions totally from my memory
    – Well rendering drawing from photo reference – 1 per week ( these ones that I post here on DTO )
    – Watch some video from DTO or other source;read something about drawing etc..
    – Anatomy study drawing from memory – I try some sketches in different position of some part of the body, paying attention in the muscles positions and how it make the edges of the figure depending on the body position. Now I am studying torsos.
    – Anatomy study drawing from photo reference – I choose one photo and draw that part that I am studying at moment, being a much precise in rendering the shadows and put the tones.
    – Time to relax – I do diverse things related to drawing: watch different videos, try different medias and techniques etc..
    I have over 1000 model’s photo reference, male and female, in different positions. Is this a good strategy for my main goal at the moment? Thank you Matthew!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.