I want to dive deeper

Dashboard Forums Drawing Questions I want to dive deeper

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Felipe Menezes
    Participant

Hi Matthew!! Unfortunately I missed the oportunity to post a drawing on this week. I made one but with a bad head proportion. So I decided to skip. I started to watch drawing from memory course. It is my main goal. Neverthless, I know the importance and the value of drawing from life. I’m reading Complete guide to Drawing from Life by Bridgman and Figure for all its worth by Andrew Loomis. These are awesome books but I’m looking for understadings about how rhythm, line weight, contrast, value ratio, shape and other basic aspects of drawing, could transmit something to the viewer. In a short, I want learn how to use the basic of drawing like line, shape and form as a language. I guess that the Composition and Masters courses may have something about this, and I actually have already watched the first lesson of Masters course, but I will appreciate if you can tell me about books or other sources where I can study this subject. Thank you Matthew!!!

Matthew
    Keymaster

Felipe,

I’m not 100 percent sure about your question. But I do my best to answer it in tonight’s podcast.

Matt

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.