HUMAN Form in inanimate objects

Dashboard Forums Tutorial Suggestions & Feedback HUMAN Form in inanimate objects

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Charles Post
    Participant

MATT, I HAVE BEEN PAINTING human form and bottles lately and in doing so i notice how much human anatomy influences the shapes of the inanimate objects. Likewise, when i approach drawing anatomy as an object , e.g., a thigh as a vase, it relaxed my tension. i attached pictures of a thigh and an inverted calf colored as glass to illustrate my point.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Lucille Kreps
    Participant

Charles,

this is very cool – thanks for sharing! I’m going to give this thought a try when I am figure drawing. I’ve often thought how funny it is that when we draw the human figure or a portrait there is SO much pressure to get it right… but when we draw a tree a very loose ‘good enough’ likeness gets the job done. (I mean, ok, maybe that’s just realistic since trees have like 10,000 limbs to our measly four and how are you really going to portray all that accurately?) But I do think there’s more emotional pressure to get the human form ‘right’ because we know it the best and we take it so personal. So this may be a helpful tip : )

– Lucille

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.