How to take a foto of Your artwork by Michael Basler

Dashboard Forums Off Topic RSS How to take a foto of Your artwork by Michael Basler

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Basler
    Participant

Hi,
    somebody asked how to take photos of Your art in the right tilt. Normally it’s a little tricky. Some photo app has a tilt meter in the center of the screen, a cross that will be highlighted when You hold the camera in the right tilt. But there is a better solution.
    If You use an app like Fotoscanner by Google it will do it for you. There are 5 circles on your camera screen. All You have to do is to bring the outlined circle over all four filled circles and click and the app will do the rest. You will get an excellent photo.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Peter Vernaglia
    Participant

Hi, This is an interesting topic, I have not been pleased with the photos I take of pencil drawings, they never quite look like the drawing, the contrast is very different and they appear grainy. I gave this app a try and got a much different photo that the ipad camera app. I showed them to a friend and he asked if I had tried scanning instead of taking pictures, I have thought about doing that but had not tried yet. I think the scanner gave me the closest image to the real drawing.

I’m curious what folks here might think of the image quality, (not the drawing quality :>) The first image is ipad camera, second is Google Foto Scanner and the third is my HP Printer/Scanner

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matthew
    Keymaster

Great topic. I will put in my two cents in tomorrow’s podcast. Without seeing the original drawing, the top one shows the most information.

Matt

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.