Hello world, from Brazil!

Dashboard Forums Introduce Yourself RSS Hello world, from Brazil!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Gibbs Santos
    Participant

Hi everyone, my name is Guilherme but you can call me Gibbs.
    I’m 24 and I graduated last year in Computer Science.

I’ve been following DTO’s channel on youtube for almost 5 years, and was always inspired by the sketchbooks videos.
    Because of university and full-time jobs I never had the opportunity to really focus on my art.
    I draw since I can remember, but as I was getting older the frequency and the will / inspiration to draw gradually declined.
    Always had that (wrong) idea that art was not career to pursuit and I needed to work (a boring job cof cof) with something that could give me financial stability, to help my family etc.
    After a few years in the technology business, I finally came to admit to myself that I’ll never be trully happy in that area, and although I love computer science my dream was always to be a professional artist.

I’d love to publish a comic book one day, but still not 100% sure if that’s the specialization i want. I have interests in digital illustration, character concept art and such. That’s why decided to finally start DTO, I love the human figure and drawing faces and people. No matter the field I choose to follow, it is quite clear to me that I have to learn the fundamentals, and DTO seems to be definitely the right way to start.
    Right now I’m finding the courage to post my last draw to the critique gallery.

PS: I confess that I’m pretty overwhelmed by all the art of students, the number of lessons and high volume of things to learn. Wich reinforces to me that start the membership was the right choice.

Matthew
    Keymaster

Gibbs,

Check out today’s podcast.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.