Hello from UK

Dashboard Forums Introduce Yourself RSS Hello from UK

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Owen Jollands
    Participant

Hi All,

I’m Owen from the UK, I’m 34 and work as a comicbook colorist. I’ve been a member of the old DTO website for quite a long time but have never managed to make good use of the tuition and opportunities available on the site due to extremely heavy workloads. Having reduced my workload recently I hope to turn this around and make use of the resources and feedback available on this site to develop my drawing and fundamental art skills. I enjoy working as a colorist but I also need to think about my long term creative goals and prospects and start to develop as a more rounded artist. Learning to draw seems like a good place to start with this 🙂 and I’m looking forward to starting a new skill base form scratch and opening up my creative freedom along with also boosting the quality of my current professional output… it is also quite daunting to be faced with such a large topic having had no formal art training but it seems that the cast drawing is a recommended place to start so I’ll be off there shortly 🙂

Linn Hansson
    Participant

Welcome. I’ve been here for only one day but so far I’ve learned a lot from the first two videos of the cast drawing. I’d love to see some of your current comic works as well as your progress from the tutorials! 🙂

Marjan Van der Donk
    Participant

Hi Owen,

Great goals to have!
    I started on the old site in June, and progressed in leaps and bounds through following the ‘Begin here Step by Step’ series of tutorials. I had previous drawing experience, but have to say the guidance Matt gives is really very good and helped me no end! He is currently revising this whole Step by step section. My advice would be to do the steps on the old site for now and take the new revised steps as the come. Be sure to upload on the critique forum as you’ll learn a lot!

Owen Jollands
    Participant

Thanks for the advice Linn and Marjan. I will check out the step by step on the old site and bolster myself with the new videos as they come available.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.