Hello from the Netherlands

Dashboard Forums Introduce Yourself RSS Hello from the Netherlands

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Dion Van der Wee
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I am new here so I would like to introduce myself. I am Dion van der Wee, 44 years old, married to my lovely wife Carlijn, and we have two children (age 8 and 5). I have studied veterinary science, but after being a vet for a year, I realised it wasn’t really doing it for me. Now I have a job as a software developer, which suits me a lot more.
    As a kid, and also through my 20s, I drew a lot. Just for fun, and mostly from memory. But then life happened and I barely touched a pencil anymore. Until last summer. I rediscovered my passion through I think it was some YouTube video. Soon there after I became a member of a YouTuber’s Patreon site, called ThePortraitArt. He taught me to draw with charcoal and I really love that medium.
    But now I feel it’s time to move on and learn more techniques, and I stumbled across this site. I didn’t have to think long to sign up, because I really think I can grow a lot here.
    Thank you for taking the time to read my story, and thanks for having me here on the site.

Cheers,

Dion

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.