Hello from Melbourne, Australia.

Dashboard Forums Introduce Yourself RSS Hello from Melbourne, Australia.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sonya Turner
    Participant

Hello everyone.

My name is Sonya. I’m 44 years old and live in Melbourne, Australia.

I used to love to paint and draw when I was young, but my love for music took over and I stopped creating at 16. When I hit 40 I yearned to be creative again so that is when I took up painting and drawing again.

I have attended some community centre art classes but learn mostly from the internet. I was accepted into Visual Arts at TAFE (College) with the first three paintings I created as an adult, but dropped out as I found the teachings were all about contemporary art and ideas.

My goal is to attend an Atelier school overseas and obtain a classical education. I have experimented with the sight size and comparitive technique and find that this type of drawing method fits my personality, more than a free flow contemporary style. Sadly there are no art colleges or private institutions in Australia that offer this type of schooling.

Matthew
    Keymaster

Hi Sonya,

Welcome to DTO. Do your best to stick with a course and follow through with it till the end. Also do your best to post artwork weekly or bi-weekly to the gallery to get some momentum going.

Regards,

Matt

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.