Hello from France

Dashboard Forums Introduce Yourself RSS Hello from France

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jean Mauferon
    Participant

Hi,

I am a french photographer, trying to convert to drawing techniques.
    First – alas -, I was forced to change medium because of some problems resulting of an old road injury – i.e. a knee total prothesis
    implanted in 2012.
    So, I tried “slow photography”, i.e. still life, studio subtile lighting…
    A good experience, but not a real complete expression medium.
    Little by little, I take conscious of a great desire to draw.
    As a real proof, I suddenly see how much fine art materials I bought in the past twenty years (!)… and don’t really use it.
    So, in 2015, I subscribe to DTO and, in the the same time, to a course very near from my home in Paris.
    A year after, I think they both forced me into a good way : perceiving me as an artist, trying to express himself and not only thru photography. I had, at this time, a not so bad experience with more than 7 exhibitions in Paris as a photographer,
    but I became conscious of a potential as a draughtsman — perhaps a painter —, all blocked, or hide, by… who knows ? self non-confidence ? fear from society integration ? money ?. This way of life is so far from my social pre-designed course as an french “Grand Ecole” engineer.
    But, as an engineer, I know how learning is important. Not only learning, but how to learn.
    So, I can nothing else to do sincerely than to encourage and appreciate how Matt rule and modify his site.
    Frankly, DTO is a found treasure for me…
    I can’t tell how much it brings to me, while assuming my long journey into drawing capabilities.
    How can I thank Matt ?
    Rgds
    Jean

Post scriptum : by the way, all of this helps me to practise English. Sorry for any inevitable mistakes

Matthew
    Keymaster

Jean,

Welcome to the site. I look forward to helping you in the member critique gallery. Make sure you post up some work, that is really where I can help you!

Regards,

Matt

Matthew
    Keymaster

Jean,

Welcome to the site. I look forward to helping you in the member critique gallery. Make sure you post up some work, that is really where I can help you!

Regards,

Matt

Marjan Van der Donk
    Participant

Hi Jean,
    A welcome from the Netherlands!
    Enjoy, and looking forward to seeing your work!
    Marjan

Linn Hansson
    Participant

Welcome 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.