Hello DTO world!

Dashboard Forums Introduce Yourself RSS Hello DTO world!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    George McGahey
    Participant

Hello Everyone,

My name is George McGahey and I live in Worcester in England, I’m 58 and I work as a consulting engineer (electrical designer). I have two beautiful daughters, who are just getting ready to go back to university for their third and final year, in October. Iā€™m really interested in animation, the old Disney style… 101 Dalmatians; Jungle Book etc. And I’m also interested in drawing people in a historical documentary style. Just recording the everyday things we all do in the 21 Century. I’ve just discovered Austin Briggs and if I could draw and capture life as good as him, I’d be very pleased!

Best Wishes

George

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello George,

Austin Briggs is worth looking at for inspiration for sure.

Cheers, Chris

Marjan Van der Donk
    Participant

Hi George,
    Welcome to DTO!

Marjan (the Netherlands)

George McGahey
    Participant

Hello Chris,

Thank you for the welcome! I’m completely new to drawings so Austin Briggs seems a very, very long way off. But I’m committed and determined to get myself to a good standard. I’ve no idea what my style is, or what it will eventually turn out to be. I guess it’ll evolve somehow and somewhere between line drawing and tone drawing.

all the best, George

George McGahey
    Participant

Hello Marjan,

it’s so nice to be welcomed, and I thank you for that. You’ll see from my reply to Chris that I’m an absolute beginner. I’ve been a member for about two weeks, and that first week was very scary. I had some kind of artists block – I know, I’m taking a bit of a liberty referring to myself as an artist here šŸ™‚ – where I couldn’t bring myself to make a start. But I’m much more relaxed now that I’ve got the first assignment out of the way!

All the best, George

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.