Going back

Dashboard Forums Drawing Questions Going back

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tyler Alexander
    Participant

Matt,
    I have been thinking about some of the critiques you gave for this week during the video and have a question. Do you recommend going back and, for example, redrawing the pencil to paper drawing and implement the suggestions you had? This drawing wouldn’t be for posting, it would be for practice and to help reinforce the critiques you made.

Is it worth redrawing? Or is it better to take those critiques and remember/implement them in the next drawing?

Thanks and looking forward to your answer.

Tyler

P.S. If anyone else reads this and has some thoughts, I would love to hear them. I’m more than happy to collect as much knowledge as I can.

Matthew
    Keymaster

Tyler,

Yes you can go back and re visit the lesson. Drawing it again definitely won’t hurt. What has helped me improve consistently over the years is teaching the same techniques over and over again and practicing them over and over again.

Another option is to keep moving forward and revisit the lesson at a later date.

Matt

Tyler Alexander
    Participant

Matt,
    I appreciate the response. I think I will use it as a benchmark and after a few weeks, revisit the lesson and see what I have improved upon. I took numerous notes as you critiqued the drawing, so I should have a good frame of reference when I revisit. Thank you very much.

Tyler

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.