Figure Drawing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Linn Hansson
    Participant

Hi Matt,
    I’ve just started watching the tutorial about figure drawing – a layered approach, and I must say that so far I am very impressed.
    Last week I started to watch some videos from the 60 minute figure drawing but I had a hard time and struggled a lot with the peanut shape, so I decided to try this one instead. I feel that the first exercise of the rough skeleton helped me a lot. I just made some quick drawings on top of the photo on the computer and I think that I learned quite a lot. I know I had a lot of fun anyway.

I’m watching the three shape video right now and I feel that I finally might understand some of the keys to figure drawing. I am 30 years old and have never been taught figure drawing before and it kinda feels like a new, scary world to me. Heck, I’ve never really had any art class at all. I hope I am not too old to learn how to master drawing someday soon! 🙂

Thank you for making such wonderful tutorials and keeping this website for us. I wish I had found it sooner, probably would have spared me a lot of wasted (expensive) paper.

Julie Taylor
    Participant

I am right there with you on this as I am also just starting to work out figure drawing too – hang in there and hopefully we will both get through this relatively easily! ? 🙂 x

Linn Hansson
    Participant

🙂
    I’m not that happy with my drawing, I didin’t have time to finish it completely but I sent it in for critique anyway. It was tough and I will have to continue practising on it, but I would lie if I said it was all fun. I had some frustrated days too…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matthew Archambault
    Participant

Linn,

Did you check out last weeks podcast?

Matt

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.