Eleanor's sketchbooks

Dashboard Forums Members Journal Eleanor's sketchbooks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Eleanor Crook
    Participant

Hello, new member here, I keep a number of sketchbooks in different sizes and media to support my sculpting. Lately I realise my drawing skills have been neglected and my drawing has fallen way behind my sculpting, so it’s time to catch up, as I miss it. Very happy to be working alongside members here and learning a lot so far. I work on the figure and the head for the most part, mainly from imagination and memory.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Eleanor Crook
    Participant

Several of these were drawn on aeroplanes – I hate flying and the drawing takes my mind off any turbulence!

Attachments:
    Eleanor Crook
    Participant

Time to start paying attention to light sources – I know my renderings of that are confusing

Attachments:
    Eleanor Crook
    Participant

This is the most recent, after watching some DTO material and thinking about tonal values. It’s an imaginary human person based somewhat on a dog I met , long neck and determined gaze, like a whippet.

Attachments:
    Marjan Van der Donk
    Participant

Love your loose style! The drawings are a bit eerie sometimes, which is great. Definitely can see a whippet in the last one.

Eleanor Crook
    Participant

Thank you Marjan! Yes eerie is my register, I can’t escape it. Here’s lesson 1, not so eerie, but a bit elongated and full of Pentimenti..

Attachments:
    Eleanor Crook
    Participant

Sorry – unable to edit the picture upright, so here’s another try.

Attachments:
    Eleanor Crook
    Participant

So, I’ve decided to post stuff as I make it, as a record to myself and in case the progress and regress is of interest to fellow students. Here’s an imaginary person on a watercolour wash, with a bit of zinc white gouache for the lights. Used a plaster bust as a reference for the shadows and tried to modify them to this “person”. I have no idea who he is, maybe someone I saw in passing on holiday in Germany recently.

Attachments:
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.