Drawing Media

Dashboard Forums Drawing Questions Drawing Media

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Abigail Stout
    Participant

Hi Matt,

I think a major problem for me is the medium-graphite. I love and before starting your classes only used pastels or charcoal never graphite. I find it frustrating-I sense with the textured medium and like Nathan Fowkes work. (I have his book on his portraits in charcoal)

This goes along with my comments about my shadow shape drawing that I posted this week.
    I wrote the following on my critique post:
    i feel this isn’t organic it’s too rigid and the near shoulder-I don’t know what’s wrong with it but my eye sees that something is off. I used 2b and then went back with a 6b for the background only. This photo copy is poor the background is all the same but looks lighter in the top right for some reason

I don’t want to blame the graphite for being an amateur poor drawer. I reposted by drawing in pencil from last week below and attached a charcoal one I did after last weeks critique. I know there is a lot of progress to be had but I feel like the charcoal one is more lose and comfortable and confident.
    I’m not sure how to do that with the graphite

Thanks for any feedback.

Abigail

I’m really enjoying this process and I wasn’t sure I could continue to afford the course and my mom insisted she pay for it for me so I can continue. So I’m looking forward to some of the up coming lessons.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matthew
    Keymaster

Abigail,

Listen to tonight’s podcast.

Best,

Matt

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.