Doug from Ohio

Dashboard Forums Introduce Yourself RSS Doug from Ohio

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Doug Moreland
    Participant

I completed a BFA in glass art last May at The Ohio State University. I expected that starting this Fall I would have internships and residencies at various glass studios, but Covid has shut most of this down (or at least reduced attendance) because glass requires teamwork.
    While waiting for things to re-open I started drawing and painting. I’m done some but have been generally disappointed with university classes. So I went online and watched Youtube tutorials. And found Matt. I delayed signing up because I know its a commitment, but finally bit the bullet and here I am.
    I’m fascinated by the nut and bolts that I never learned: why use different pencils, what are the differences in papers, etc.
    Now that I’ve started on this “academic” drawing my anxiety over doing glass has been greatly reduced.

Matthew
    Keymaster

Hi Doug,

Great to hear you are using the site to your advantage. I look forward to seeing your work in the critique gallery.

I’m teaching via Zoom and it’s good. But, it’s not the classroom, I really miss being in the classroom.

Matt

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.