Dillon's Journal

Dashboard Forums Members Journal Dillon's Journal

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dillon Thompson
    Participant

I’ve been to school for a couple of years but didn’t do much more then the assignments required of me. Then I’ve found many great tutorials, but still never practiced much. I saw a recommendation for drawing-tutorials-online and saw some of the youtube videos of sketchbooks. Figured I’d hold myself accountable by posting on here. I think one of my biggest problems is chicken scratch. I don’t have the best of camera’s. As well as being at work, I can work digitally at home.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Marjan Van der Donk
    Participant

Hi Dillon,
    Hope this site and this journal will fire you up so you’ll practice a lot!
    And yes, the ‘chicken scratch’ is always waiting round the corner to creep back into my work haha!
    Re your photo’s: you don’t need a state of the art camera, it’s mostly the light that does it. I have taken good pictures with both my phone and my simple digital camera. What helps a lot is using a strong (daylight) lamp and no flash. Simply put your drawing next to a window, light with the lamp from the other side, and you taking the photo in the middle. If you have an easel, make sure the drawing is straight up/vertical.
    Good luck!

Dillon Thompson
    Participant

Thank you Marjan. I might retake the photos when it again daytime haha.

Attachments:
    Dillon Thompson
    Participant

Possibly should just do mummification lines.

Attachments:
    Dillon Thompson
    Participant

This one took about 10 minutes.

Attachments:
    Dillon Thompson
    Participant

Haven’t posted in a couple of days. I’ve been actually experimenting a bit with my drawing hand in general. I switched from my right to my left hand. I was forced to be a right handed writer when I started elementary. So I wanted to see if I could do better with some practice. Mostly the think lines I’m worried about right now, cause I have to go over it a couple of times. This was drawn with my left hand, while previous ones where with my right.

Attachments:
    Marjan Van der Donk
    Participant

That is definitely a big difference! It seems to me you should draw with your left hand from now on! So much looser, really nice.

Dillon Thompson
    Participant

Here’s another one. And thanks for your remarks Marjan!

Attachments:
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.