Developing a concept

Dashboard Forums Weekly Member Message Developing a concept

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Arjun Khode
    Participant

Hi Matt. I am aware that to develop a concept you have to think of a sentence first. Can you apply this to sexy women too, which is so heavily governed by finding a good piece of reference first, or should it be the reverse, thinking of a sentence and then finding a beautiful reference?

When you have realistic drawing skills, the possibilities are pretty much endless. Like Roberto Ferri draws trees growing out of human bodies, or mythological characters like the centaur or Elicia Donze draws planets that replace the heads of people. How do they come to think of these concepts? The farthest I’ve come is to mix torsos and bodies, and I don’t consider drawing wings and butterflies around my subject as an authentic concept, which I’ve done in the past. I have the chance to finally create a drawing all for myself after 3 straight weeks. I know I want to create something sexy, but I’m having a hard time dealing with not having something in queue.

I’ve tried taking measures against this. I pin hundreds of photos on Pinterest, but usually they grow stale for me if I don’t draw them soon. I’m only excited when I find something fresh.

I would like to learn how to develop a concept and push my imagination. You know, paintings that are heavy on thought, those are the ones that have the highest market value in my opinion and they probably bring the most fulfillment too.

-Arjun

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.