Cheers from a house built in 1875 in Philadelphia, PA

Dashboard Forums Introduce Yourself RSS Cheers from a house built in 1875 in Philadelphia, PA

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Allen Snyder
    Participant

I am just getting back into fine art after many years away from it – and for me this site is as Godsend! I’ve looked around and I feel that this is the absolute best of the bunch, and I have studied and drawn every day since I started here. Thanks Matt!
    I wanted to paint after getting my BFA in Painting and Drawing but had to support my family and myself with a ‘real job’ – sound familiar?

“Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans”… The Walrus

I was very fortunate to have been an illustrator for so many years, but painting/drawing was in my soul. My last job (as in ‘ever’) was averaging 12 to 16 hours a day (at the end) as the Head Web Designer (I was the ONLY Web Designer) for Brother International in Bridgewater, NJ. The hours/workload were the straw that broke the camel’s back.

I had a very unique exit from Brother Intl…
    One day, I was voted Employee Of The Month.
    But, after doing much soul searching -I resigned the very next month.
    HR was very confused…

Since then, I have illustrated someone else’s book (published) and need to finish drawing and writing my own Children’s book.
    But getting back into Drawing full time is at the top of my list.
    It’s great to be here!

PEACE!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.