Cast Drawing

Dashboard Forums Member To Member Critique Cast Drawing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gordan Knezic
    Participant

I did this cast drawing along with Matt as I was watching tutorial videos. It was an awesome experience to work along step by step with the mentor of such skill level. I enjoyed every moment. Thank you Matt!
    The only thing since I did not know which way tutorial will turn out I started and completed drawing on sheet of 24lb multi-purpose printing paper. By the time I realized this will be a long drawing it was already too far to switch so I just kept going. I used Cool-Erase pencil that I discovered with DTO and I really love it. Thank you for your input and critique.
    Gordan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Marjan Van der Donk
    Participant

Looks great!!

Gordan Knezic
    Participant

Thank you Marjan!

Shelton Johnson
    Participant

Whoa! That certainly turned out great; hope to see more.

Owen Jollands
    Participant

Wowzer – that looks really nice. I think you’ve really captured the cast and to my eye, it looks very nice indeed. Particularly like how you’ve handled the cloth as I’ve just taken a shot at this cast myself and I found that a particular struggle.

The only comment I can make critique wise is that maybe the value range is a little narrow, particularly on the far right side of the body where your values are clocking in around the same as the shadows cast by the neck. You could well be manipulating the values intentionally but if not that’s all I can really mention from the reference pdf.

Looks fab either way 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.