Building a good portfolio

Dashboard Forums Weekly Member Message Building a good portfolio

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Lise Dupuis
    Participant

Hi Matt,
    Could you please, in the next podcast, give us all we should know about building a good portfolio? (size of drawings, variety of subjet, how do not make dirty the paper around the subject, etc)

Many thanks!

Lise

Matthew
    Keymaster

Hi Lise,

You just missed this week’s podcast. I need more specifics from you. Portfolio for what? A portfolio for illustration book covers. I portfolio for a landscape gallery show.

You see there could be dozens of different types of portfolios depending on your end game? What is your end game? Show in a gallery, do art for magazine articles? Let me know a little bit more.

Matt

Lise Dupuis
    Participant

Hi Matt,

I heard you sometimes suggess us to work on a personnal portfolio. It is a great idea and I decided to do that. Maybe one day I will think about an exhibition of my portraits drawings. In that meaning perhaps there are some rules to take care in order to be interesting. For example, do I show only graphite portraits or can I include also portraits with coloring pencils? Things like that…Do you see?
    In fact, I need some advices to begin my portfolio.

Many thanks
    Lise

Matthew
    Keymaster

Hi Lise,

For something like this, it’s best to have a theme for gallery shows. Perhaps the theme could be a bunch of drawings completed in colored pencils that revolve around ‘dark dreams’. It’s better to have separate sections of the gallery for separate style say black and white versus color.

I will expand on this in the podcast on Monday night.

Matt

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.