Body of Work?

Dashboard Forums Drawing Questions Body of Work?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David Wade
    Participant

Hi Matt,
    I’ve just completed the Begin Here section where you mentioned creating a body of work and not just continually practising. To a hobbyist like me who draws between 10-30 minutes on any day, what would you consider as a body of work? My work tends to fall into your gesture time frame and I consider my uploads to the critique gallery as complete, but I see my daily drawing as practise.
    Thanks,
    David

Abigail Stout
    Participant

Hi David,
    Obviously Im not Matt answering you and I am no expert…I just completed the same lessons myself. In my mind I see the body of work as the pieces I will display and/or share

Abigail 🙂

David Wade
    Participant

Hello Abigail,
    Thanks for replying, when you say display/share, do you mean onto social media?

Abigail Stout
    Participant

sure, I would think anything you feel is worthy to share in any platform online or off. It’s just a hobby for me too. But I intend to do my body of work, as suggested in this “class”, of things I want to give as gifts. For example there is this 60yr old pair of pictures of my grandparents that everybody wants but only one person is going to get so I want to draw it and make copies for everyone who is complaining they can’t have the originals… (Yeah, I know copies of the photos could just be made but where is the fun in that?)

David Wade
    Participant

Very true. Thanks for taking the time to share. I think I may borrow your idea of making a drawing or two into a present though.
    Happy drawing.

Matthew Archambault
    Participant

Great conversation. I’ll take it into the podcast.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.