Best Material For Shipping Your Artwork

Dashboard Forums Drawing Questions Best Material For Shipping Your Artwork

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi Matt,

Here a more practical question:

I just made a graphite/ charcoal drawing which I want to sell on eBay. I have never sold anything like that before so I would likke to know what kind of material do you recommend for international shipping. There is some information on Youtube but mostly it’s about sending prints or canvasses. I have used 8 by 8 inch water color paper.
    My drawings are smaller in size than the paper I’m working on. That way I can make corrections or try things out. Before sending is it a custom to cut the drawing out without leaving any space around it or is it better to leave that space for framing?

Thanks Matt and keep up your excellent work,

Jesse

Matthew
    Keymaster

Hi Jesse,

Just about 80-90% of my wet paintings were mailed in a 13×19 inch Fedex box.

I had a system for making a foam board cover that rested a half inch above my wet painting. It sort of sealed the painting. Hard for me to explain that cover in words. However it worked out great for me over the years.

It was also very light. Weight is what costs the most when it comes to shipping.
    International shipping is absolutely dreadful. I’m not trying to be a debbie downer. However if I’m to be honest with you internal shipping was the reason why I stopped making DVD’s.

Depending on the country you ship to, they add diverse taxes and fees. It was a hassle.

I will talk to this in Monday night’s podcast.

Shipping in the US is much easier. Plus packages do not get lost as much.

If you want to follow up I can help you in Monday’s podcast.

Matt

Hi Matt thanks for this quick reaction.

I’m a Dutch guy living in Belgium and I know that many countries have their own rules handling packages so I only wanted to know which material to use to ship my charcoal drawings safely. You never know how they will handle your artwork and I want to prevent smudges (although I use fixative) or foldings. Also I want to know if you have to send your client some extra’s but I think your business card and a thank you card will be suficient…. Of course I will be happy to listen to your podcast about it on Monday. I haven’t send anything yet because I have to make proper photographs before posting it on eBay. But thanks and keep up the good work!

Hi Matt thanks for this quick reaction.

I’m a Dutch guy living in Belgium and I know that many countries have their own rules handling packages so I only wanted to know which material to use to ship my charcoal drawings safely. You never know how they will handle your artwork and I want to prevent smudges (although I use fixative) or foldings. Also I want to know if you have to send your client some extra’s but I think your business card and a thank you card will be suficient…. Of course I will be happy to listen to your podcast about it on Monday. I haven’t send anything yet because I have to make proper photographs before posting it on eBay. But thanks and keep up the good work!

Jesse

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.