Being consistent with many conflicting demands

Dashboard Forums Weekly Member Message Being consistent with many conflicting demands

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rebecca Parsons
    Participant

Hi Matt

Another week has passed and I haven’t uploaded an artwork, I really struggle with this as its a goal to be consistent with my art. My issue, or opportunity to improve, is that I’m writing a book and all my art efforts are poured into doing the artwork for this book, while also writing for the first time in my adult life. I find with balancing the innovation and concentration required in my day job with the exploration and courage I need to write my book, my art gets what’s left which isn’t a lot. My aim has been to write a section of the book while designing/illustrating the next section (81 concepts, 81 artworks) but this isnt working as its been 2 weeks and I haven’t started the composition of the next work as my current writing concept has hit some snags. Any time I get to draw i feel has to be directed towards this project, so i dont practice my drawing skills either which isnt the right idea i know as my art isn’t getting better.

Have you ever had to juggle multiple creative mindsets that require total focus and how do you switch from one to the other effectively without getting lost in the process? Also, how do you keep the different streams running when you hit a roadblock with one or more of them and how do you keep yourself focused and motivated to solve the creative problems you face to still meet your goals?

Thanks for any advice!

Regards

Rebecca

Matthew
    Keymaster

Hi Rebecca,

Listen to tonight’s podcast. Great question.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.