Anna's Sketchbook

Dashboard Forums Members Journal Anna's Sketchbook

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anna Sporring
    Participant

I like the idea of keeping a sketchbook here to see my own progress. This is the first picture I submitted to the Critique Gallery as a new student here. I really don’t understand now how I was thinking when I created that one. But I’m happy to use it as a starting point to my improvements.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Anna Sporring
    Participant

Matt suggested I should start with the “pen to paper” lesson and then try this face again. So I decided to use my own reference to do the homework for this one. I used a black col-erase pencil. It was quite hard but I had so much fun doing it! And there is so much to learn now. Can’t wait!
    I think I’ll submit this for the Critique Gallery this week.

Attachments:
    Marjan Van der Donk
    Participant

Wow Anna, love both of them! Yes, the first one isn’t ‘realistic’, but it definitely has charm. And the technical progress shown in the second one is impressive!

Anna Sporring
    Participant

Thank you Marjan, how kind! I see a lot of progress too, but also lots that can be improved further. I feel like I didn’t really use my eyes before. Love my new vision hehe

Anna Sporring
    Participant

Wow, how time flies! I haven’t been active for a while for basically two reasons. One, I’ve had crazy much to do at work, so lack of time. Second, I have been fighting my inner critic, so fear. Well, now I’m on a late vacation so I have lots of time to regroup, and I decided to ignore that inner voice and just DO. That’s the only way forward right!

Today I have been working on “Drawing Accurate Shapes” using the same reference as before. I am stubborn and I really want to get this right. I’ve never done the same motive twice before but I find it extremely helpful and I am learning loads. I’m not “there” yet but I think she is so much better than the last time.

Now my next step is to get out my sketchbook and start building my drawing habits!

Attachments:
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.