Advice on using an image with no photographer details?

Dashboard Forums Weekly Member Message Advice on using an image with no photographer details?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rebecca Parsons
    Participant

Hi Matt

I’m starting the composition for my next image and have found 2 characters in a pose that’s perfect. Only problem is I can’t find any details on who took the photo so I dont know if its public domain or not? When I search for details in google it leads to hundreds of Pinterest accounts and a disused Tumblr account so I’m guessing its in public domain. I will be changing the background and other details, but the faces will be the same. In your experience would you think this would be enough to avoid copyright, if it even applies in this instance? I’d be grateful for any advice you can give 🙂

Thanks Matt

Rebecca

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matthew
    Keymaster

Hi Rebecca,

If this piece of art is just for personal purposes no worries. Just change a few things up. If this image is to be used for commercial purposes I would change as much as you can.

It’s usually in the public domain 70 years after the artists death, or if the photographer issues it to be in the public domain.

Hope this helps,

Matt

Matthew
    Keymaster

Rebecca,

Listen to tonight’s podcast.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.