Reply To: Failure and disappointment

Dashboard Forums Drawing Questions Failure and disappointment Reply To: Failure and disappointment

Linn Hansson
Participant

Marty:
I always experience those kind of negative feelings from time to time, I guess I am too impatient and eager to learn. But I usually come around after a while. I decided to draw something else than a statue to just break the bad pattern. I have started watching the tutorial on how to draw glass, which I think will be a challenge but a different one.

Marjan:
I listened to last night’s podcast and I am one of those who never settles with one medium. I wanna master them all and immediately. :p I will try and focus mainly on drawing for a while and see if I like graphite or col-erase better. I have given away some of the drawings I’ve made from the tutorials like the cast drawing and the pencil to paper tutorial but I was thinking last night that I would like to do those tutorials once more and keep the drawings and store them to take out later on when I feel like crap and see if I have been improving. I have some photos of those drawings but I think it would be nice and an ego boost to keep them in the drawer, and some of the tutorials like drawing the foot didn’t turn out the way I wanted it to so it would be a good idea to try it again. Since I took such a long break from drawing I feel that I have forgotten a lot of the tips Matt has given in previous tutorials, like just the three value idea and much more. I hope to be able to schedule some drawing time in the near future to be able to set some goals.

Alexander:
Yeah I guess you are right. 🙂 I did improve my proportions with that second drawing I did try to avoid lifting the pencil from the paper, which I still struggle with because I am not really used to it. Hopefully someday I will get more organic lines and less chicken scratch and my eye to hand coordination might be better. 🙂